CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Sixth Post of My Second Book (heh.. last one~)

~~~~~Free topic ~~~~ XD

The free topic I shall write about will be my own thoughts and opinion on the book...

If I were to rate this book on a 1 to 10 scale with one being the lowest and ten being the highest, I would rate this book a 9. The overall story is very good, and the message within the story is very clear [the message is basically if you succeed in capitalism then you are not the best fit for society its just that you are the most corrupt in the system (it's the books message, I do not necessary believe this ^^;;)]. The only downside to this is that the author tends to go too much into the description of small things which might have been better without instead of dragging. Besides that one negative, I feel the author has taken the time to put in the book a lot of emotions, realistic cause and effect type scenes, as well as depicting reality for what it is instead of covering it in honey like most books tends to do. Comparing this to the first book I read, The Day of the Triffids, I found The Jungle far more enjoyable as well as insightful than the Day of the Triffids. The Jungle is on a higher reading level and intended for more mature audiences than the Day of the Triffids for the two books, in my opinion, are vastly different in the needed intuition one needs while reading.

0 comments: