CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

2nd Post on My First Book

So I finished my book The Day of Triffids, and here is my second post :). On the paper, it says I can write just a free topic so I shall. Here are my thoughts on this book: it is unoriginal, its and the theme is excessively straightforward. Compared to other dystopian books such as 1984 or The Brave New World, The Day of Triffids seems childish and meaningless while the ending was not satisfying at all. This may be an exaggeration but this was one of the worst books I have every read. It may because this book was written in 1951, but seriously, plants taking over the world is not to my taste. The characters in the book make meaningless decisions while their foresight is shallow. The small "societies" that are created in the book are headed to failure and it is obvious to see why. When the main character finally create a safe environment to live, some other people from other societies who believe that this environment will not last and ends up destroying it. Because that happens the main character never really gets into serious problems which makes the whole story dry and predictable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? I know nothing about this book but have you read Fahrenheit 451 before(I think you did)? It's published in 1953, almost the same time as what The Day of the Triffids was published, but the story is great!
I thought the worst dystopean related book was The Giver. I mean, it was an ok book to read, but the whole setting of the story was too unrealistic. May be this one is worse than The Giver..?

noclip said...

eh not readling this book so kinda hard to understand what you are saying
but who gives a shoot
youre jason the smart aXX lol
nice thought though